Singapore Business Development Manager
Know Your Customer is seeking a business development manager (hunter) who is highly motivated and able to play a key role in the driving of revenue in Singapore and related markets through the promotion of the business and marketing of products to new and existing clients.
– Work as part of a global sales team to implement and develop the marketing strategy and drive revenue and growth;
– Provide monthly management reports and sales targets for the Singapore market;
– Drive revenue in line with pre-agreed annual targets, through the identification and establishment of relationships with potential new customers, for the sale of our automated KYC solution;
– Contribute to the annual business plan of the business in terms of growth and revenue for the Singapore market;
– Identify parties with whom the business can form strategic partnerships for marketing purposes;
– Develop an understanding of the client profile of our customers and which of our products is best suited to their needs;
– Have or gain a detailed knowledge of Anti Money Laundering (“AML”) legislation for Singapore as well as provide updates on proposed changes to AML legislation;
– Monitor for changes to, and the introduction of new data sources specific to the Singapore market;
– Have or gain a basic understanding of AML requirements for the other jurisdictions covered by the business with a view to cross selling to Singapore clients with a global presence;
– Develop an understanding of Data Protection Legislation in Singapore and monitor for any proposed changes to that legislation;
– Ensure any registrations and/or regulatory requirements specific to the sale of the products in the Singapore market are monitored and reported to the Director of Corporate Services;
– Work with the legal team on new customer contracts and ensure expectations of customer contracts are established, communicated and met;
– Gain an understanding of the technical and security features of the products offered;
– Work with the IT technical team to resolve any issues or address customer specific requirements;
– Develop a knowledge of competitor firms within the Asian region and monitor their offerings;
– Co-ordinate and oversee the holding of marketing events within Singapore (and pan-Asia) which may include attendance at promotional events as a representative of the company;
– Monitor and make proposals to the board of directors on pricing strategies specific to the Singapore market in the context of market and economic developments.
– At least 5 years’ prior experience working in a compliance, sales, or marketing role within financial services.
– Prior experience with a tech start-up or compliance company.
– Consideration will also be given to those from a fiduciary services, investment or professional services background looking for a career change.
– Excellent academic background ideally with a professional qualification.
– A quick learner able to self-manage, use their initiative and demonstrate excellent time management and organisational skills.
– Candidates with prior experience in the financial service industry will be given priority.
You will have the option to work from home or from the office, based on your preference. You may be required to travel to other Asian countries as demand requires.
About the Company:
Know Your Customer Limited (“KYC”) offers rapid, end-to-end UBO identification and verification of both single and multi-jurisdictional corporate and private clients. By providing a single source of truth, Know Your Customer helps clients reduce risk (KYC/AML), streamline their processes through agile automation, improve data accuracy & associated analytics, and comply with internal, board and regulatory reporting demands.
Our solution combines each of the elements required for complete KYC Case Management: digital identity verification with machine learning fraud detection, automated AML screening, enhanced customer due diligence, supervisory control for internal and regulatory audit and on-demand reporting all in near real-time. Continual matching of customer information with sanction lists and PEP databases and automatic retrieval of the beneficial owner for legal entities mean you are always compliant.
We work as technology partner for firms in banking, law, accountancy, wealth management, fiduciary services, investment management and other fields in need of efficient customer ID verification to comply with international requirements.
We are headquartered in Hong Kong and have offices in Dublin, Shanghai and Singapore.
Recruiters, please do not apply.