Part-time Legal Counselposted 8 May 2018 closing 25 May 2018 Hong Kong apply
Know Your Customer Limited (“KYC”) is a fintech start up with offices in Dublin, London, Hong Kong, Singapore and Shanghai. We are looking for a qualified corporate lawyer to fill a newly created position for an inhouse part time legal counsel role. The successful candidate will be based in Hong Kong and report to the Director of Corporate Affairs and Risk Management.
– Provide legal support for all group companies across the jurisdictions in which we operate;
– Provide support to the Director of Corporate Affairs on company secretarial matters for the group;
– Assist in the drafting and negotiating of terms on client contracts;
– Co-ordinate legal advice from third parties, review and provide recommendations where necessary;
– Review all group contracts / non-disclosure agreements prior to signing;
– Keep up to date on corporate law matters that may affect the group in the jurisdictions in which we operate; and
– Drafting of ad-hoc contracts for group companies
The role offers flexible working hours, 15 to 25 hours a week and the opportunity to grow the role as KYC expands globally.
We are looking for a qualified lawyer, preferably Hong Kong or European qualified, with a minimum of five years prior experience working in a corporate law environment.
– Fluent in written and spoken English;
– Have a strong learning ability, communication, coordination and time management skills as well as being able to work under their own initiative;
– Prior experience in dealing with Hong Kong corporate law is essential;
– Prior experience in working with Intellectual Property Law and providing legal advice to fintechs would be an advantage;
– Have an analytical mind set and good research skills;
– Be familiar with common office software; and
– Be able to work as part of a team based in multiple jurisdictions.
If you are interested in this role, please submit your CV together with your salary expectations by Friday 25th May 2018 to Maria McDermott at email@example.com.
Don’t see your job listed? Why not create your own?
At KYC we understand that talent comes in many
shapes and sizes, and from every corner of the globe.
Tell us about your talent and why we have to have it.